Simcoe Kids Dental Specializes in Pediatric Dentistry
At Simcoe Kids Dental clinic, our specialized pediatric dentist (Dr. Noah Turk) and his entire kid-friendly dental team are 100% committed to creating a safe, happy dental experience for children…for your child. We know, and love teeth. And we know, and love, kids. Put the two together and you’ve got your best possible chance for a stress-free visit to the dentist, every time!
Whether your child needs a simple checkup and cleaning, is having a toothache, or experiencing some other dental trauma or issue, we know what to do. Has your child had an accident which affected their teeth? Do you want to order a custom-made children’s sports mouth guard? Or, do you have some other kid’s dental issue or question that our Simcoe Kids Dental team can answer?
We can help you today – no referral required.
As Simcoe County’s only children’s dental clinic specializing in pediatric dentistry, trust us with your child’s teeth! Our top priority is your kid’s dental health and mental health!
WHAT IS PEDIATRIC DENTISTRY?
Quite simply, pediatric dentistry is dentistry, but catering specifically to children! It is a specialized dental practice that is dedicated to protecting the oral health of children of all ages, and which takes into account the psychology of children with ways of interacting and engaging with kids in a positive, happy manner.
WHY CHOOSE A PEDIATRIC DENTIST OVER A ‘REGULAR’ DENTIST?
No matter how good your dentist may be with kids, a pediatric dentist has had specialist training that pertains to both children’s teeth and their mental makeup i.e., child psychology. Our pediatric dental specialist Dr. Noah Turk for example has had comprehensive training in behavioural guidance techniques, including completing kids’ dental treatments under oral conscious sedation and general anesthesia. He has also worked extensively with children on the Autism Spectrum and in so doing has developed a deep understanding for utilizing Applied Behavioral Analysis in his every patient interaction. Furthermore, children should see a pediatric dentist from the age of 6 months and on up through their teens, with visits scheduled every 6 months. Taking into account both the young age of our patients and the frequency which we recommend we see them, it is important that every visit to the dentist be a positive one, in order to ensure repeat, regular visits. Pediatric dental specialists know just how to make this so!
WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT AT A PEDIATRIC DENTAL APPOINTMENT?
Our primary concern revolves around two things: putting your child at ease at the dentist’s office, and making sure their teeth (and mouth, gums, and jaw) are in tip-top shape! To this end, every appointment is dedicated to assessing oral health and proper care, any current oral or dental issues that may present themselves, and catching and fixing any problems pronto! A visit to our pediatric dental clinic may include some, or all, of the following:
- A happy visit: a team 100% committed to engaging in a fun, playful way with our little charges, to ensure a calm, fun, entertaining experience.
- A deep clean: our oral hygienist will carefully remove any plaque and calculus to keep smiles shiny and happy, and help prevent decay.
- X-Rays: periodically, and only when absolutely necessary, we will take pictures of what is happening below the gum line to help identify cavities in their early stages, assess root development, and identify adult teeth coming in below the gum.
- Full checkup/oral inspection: Dr. Noah will carefully examine your child’s mouth, gums, and teeth for any warning signs of decay, cavities, or other dental problems.
- Fluoride treatment: Dr. Noah may recommend a fluoride treatment to help strengthen tooth enamel and prevent tooth decay. This is a safe, effective treatment for children, used extensively worldwide.
- Dental sealants: Dr. Noah and our team can tell you about the magic of dental sealants to help seal out decay once and for all!
- Oral care tips and tricks: both our hygienist and the pediatric dentist can help you with tried and true tips and tricks to improve your child’s oral care habits, fostering lifelong good practices for a lifelong great smile! (Without any judgment!)
The Simcoe Kids Dental Difference
Dr. Noah and his team firmly believe that a children’s dental clinic shouldn’t be scary, and it is their mission to transform every child that enters Simcoe’s doors from a nervous patient to engaged, fascinated, happy, oral-care-convert client. This is why, in Simcoe Kids Dental clinic, we have created a space that is relaxed and relaxing, without ever compromising on the use of the very latest in techniques, technologies, and tools. This is what our pediatric dentistry looks like: professional, with all the very latest advances in practices and state-of-the-art equipment, but also warm and inviting.
We aim to make your child’s every visit a good one – fun and exciting even! From our staff to our amenities (hello prize-winning prize room!), to our in-suite surgical suite and recovery room – no effort has been spared to turn Simcoe Kids Dental into somewhere your kids will look forward to visiting. The end result? Happy kids, happy parents, happy teeth, and shiny, healthy, happy smiles all round!